Thursday, September 27, 2012

Bug in my Hair



 Bug in my hair 

A creepy black dozen legged insect
A bug, a spider, an ant now threatens my security
Must have sneaked  in with the wind ,open screen door
Or off a tree  or bush landed gently in my hair
Yes, there is something moving  up there
and I don’t like it.

No, it’s not carnivorous, but could be deadly
Or inject its syrup like a bee bite
Yet all was so calm and dormant minutes ago
And now the wiggly, ticklish thing discovered  my hair
Amonst the  unending forest of brown silver roots
Nature’s creation and protection, Leading to nowhere.
I shake my head profusely, but nothing falls out,
Maybe Dislocate my gray hair a bit
Al this l for one of nature’s cold blooded creatures.
I feel as helpless as an elephant bitten by a flea
Just the knowledge of this invader makes me squirm.
Maybe I’ll put my head under water, rub my head with a towel
And squash the invader to smithereens’.
I look anxiously in the mirror, see another.   
“Come on out you bastard “.I ‘m not coming  to your dinner tonight!”
But no such luck.
No one at home I decide to shuck my clothes,

Yes all of it, stark naked I step in the hot shower
Lots of shampoo should do it.
The damn thing upstairs on my scalp  is not moving
Probably drowned in soap.
As long as it doesn’t wash down my back.
I usually enjoy showers, but this unfortunate circumstance
Has so occupied my mind that only good riddance
Would satisfy to uninvited guest.
“Aha, “ I surmised. As I dried myself in the usual routines
After the shower, but more careful in drying my hair,
I looked downward – maybe some tiny black thing succumbed.
But it was not to be.
I then combed myself numerous times,
Again to no avail. Nothing, but a few dead hairs.
I know I felt it sometime, moving, and deliberate.
This is no imagination – but real.
Unlike most stories, this one has no end
Ere a night when I go to bed wondering if there
Is something up there.
This is not an apparition or dream,
 but truly was a real , cold blooded crawler.
I still I feel something crawling upstairs , sometime.
e. No after affects. Truly I am bigger than this thing.It has a right to live.
But not better – wherever you are.

No comments: